Sunday, April 10, 2011

I've Met Them On My Way...

I was reading and writing and tweeting and facebooking today and I thought about all the different people on my path who are helping me right now. Such a rich representation! I am wealthy beyond measure. Take a look…

+ A former evangelist now running for city council

+ A lady tired of working for the man so she works for the woman

+ A 12 year old who only wants a friend… and maybe the new xbox

+ A new mother changed dramatically

+ A homeschooled kid entering college with high scores

+ Former stripper trying beauty school instead of the stage

+ A 5ft 2in woman catching thieves in stores

+ A former preacher turned artist and seeker

+ A recovering alcoholic working with other men to help them get sober

+ A sought after hairdresser who is ready with an answer when asked how her calling helps change the world

+ A little boy who only wants to laugh and rub yellow icing in his hair

+ A musician who gets her song stuck in my head

+ A social worker who runs a halfway house for men in transition - for no pay

+ A waitress getting over heartbreak

+ A truck driver turned facebook comedian

+ A teacher, mother, guide who makes a mean cabbage salad

+ An unemployed, almost vagabond, who refuses to give up hope

+ A man fighting the God issue but won’t give up trying to figure it all out

+ A woman who paints nature but I really think it’s her heart

+ An old lady in a nursing home who quickly corrected me when I thought it might be sad for her

+ A former homeless woman turned homeowner - she texts me her gratitude list every single day

+ A young man traveling the world if only through the written word and excited to share every bit of it

+ A former worrier turned “meditator”

+ A guy wearing silly hats turning me on to music I have never heard before

+ A chef just becoming known who loves a woman I love, too

+ A gardener refusing to take a shower today before the party cause it’s okay

+ A passed mother who still speaks to me through her love for her son

+ A Higher Power becoming ever more real to my spirit and my mind

No comments:

Post a Comment